Having finished Shu Uemura's Anti-Oxi Skin Refining Cleansing Oil, and after a long absence from my makeup removal regime, I purchased an old friend, SK-II's Facial Treatment Cleansing Oil. It's been a while since I used this oil-based cleanser, but I remember it being a favorite during Winter.

The SK-II Facial Treatment Cleansing Oil is rich and silky, with a consistency that is not too thin nor thick. The cleanser removes the most, stubbornest, water-proof makeup, and impurities, effortlessly; it also deeply cleanses, and conditions, the skin without leaving any residue. The oil cleanser has a pleasant, Japanese floral (maybe rose) scent that helps to relax me. As with the Shu Uemura cleansing oils, the mechanics of the SK-II cleansing oil works in the same fashion; applying the product on dry skin and emulsifying when coming into contact with water.

This oil cleanser does wonders for my skin during Winter. My skin looks and feels clean, calm, soft, radiant, and absolutely wonderful!

SK-II Facial Treatment Cleansing Oil retails for 7,560 yen (8.4oz/250ml).

What are your thoughts on oil-based cleansers?

Looking gorgeous one lipstick at a time.