Recently, I posted about buying two yards of "vintage," atomic-era fabric on eBay. Well, MaryDeluxe commented that my beloved fabric was actually a repro. I am so thankful for her heads-up and I am also annoyed that the seller lead me to believe the fabric was vintage. After reading MaryDeluxe's comment, I went home and looked over the fabric itself and saw a glaring "2003" copyright on the edges. I guess 7 years is now vintage? (Lol!)
Despite my ignorance and the fact the fabric is modern-made, I love it! The pattern is very true to the 50s, Eames era look and it was easy to sew. I made a table runner, a pillow, coasters, and a window curtain.
Slowly, but surely, my home is becoming a 50s-era abode (even though my home was built in '85). I am currently on the hunt for 50s vintage wallpapers for my powder room and master bath. In addition, I plan on re-flooring my kitchen with a more 50s-era appropriate style.
Without further ado, here are the items I made with the repro fabric:
Here is the window curtain:
This is the pillow on my sofa:
Here is the table runner:
And here is an upclose look showing the beading I added to the ends:
An interesting note about the above table; my mom and dad found it at Goodwill for super cheap. I think the table was made between the 1940s and the early 1960s. My mom is very talented at furniture repair and staining. Mom sanded the entire table, re-stained it, and spruced up the hardware. It looks so new! I also have a vintage, stained-wood foyer table that my mom repaired. It was actually found at the dump! I am amazed at what people toss out!
My vintage home is work in progress and I am having fun! A huge part of me wants everything done now but the real thrill of vintage decorating is the hunt and watching the transformation from modern blah to retro wow!
0 Yorumlar