Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Project Pan 2016

No Money
I've been panning. Yep, in my absence I have been using makeup routinely as means to reduce my stash and utilise products that I have already spent cash on. Ironic, since I've probably used more makeup  when I was not blogging about makeup than when I was.

Anyway, I'm still panning and its been really eye opening. Products that seem like a measly amount - lets say oh ... 40mls of foundation and 10 grams of face powder... have proven to take a very long time and a lot of dedication to make a substantial dent in and finish. Nonetheless, I'm getting there and I'm actually enjoying the process. Yes enjoying ... you read the word correctly. 

In an effort to save money, spend wisely and upkeep my minimalism journey I've cut back on the pull and allure of going wild with new makeup purchases. However, I admit when it comes to lip products, I have been a bit naughty. Pfft, when a lady's not on a makeup ban things will happen but wait - there's no need to chastise me as I've actually pulled some products together to pan and I've made ... good progress. 

The Makeup Bag
This is the bag that I've been putting my "regular" makeup items that I've decided I want to use as my "main" products and eventually finish. Swatched on the far right picture is 1. Mac Ruby Woo, 2. Rimmel 107 by Kate Moss and 3. Milani Matte Naked lipsticks. Out of the 3 - I was surprised to find out that I've made the most progress on Rimmel - well its not really all that surprising as it is a wearable shade that's easy to mix around with. Oh and yes by chance my nail polish colour of the week did/does match the bag (Jessica Custom Nail Colour in Totally Turmeric). So what's inside? ...
Products I've been using (and thought about using) at the beginning 
Becca Radiant Skin Finish in Sienna
Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Dark
Jordana Blush in Terracotta
Milani Matte Lipstick in Naked
Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss Lipstick in 107
Sleek Lip Liner in Rich Brown
Becca Eye Tint
Kiko Concealer 
Mac Touch Lipstick
Mac Raizin Blush
Makeup Up Revolution Chocolate Palette - I had thought to use this palette solely and pan it (i.e. hit pan and finish every shade) but since I'm not really an eye-shadow girl that hasn't happened so, I doubt I'll make such an elaborate goal. For now using an eye shadow (from my entire collection) once a week is good enough :)
& a few others every now and then ...
My Progress
Mac Skin Finish Natural in Dark: The left picture shows how it looked before and the right shows  how it looks currently. I love the fact that the base is not just a metal pan because, usually when the base is a flat metal - the pressed powder tends to crack and split but with this caged effect that probably won't and hasn't happened (!). 
From L-R: Jordanna Blush in Terracotta, Lipsticks - Rimmel 107, Mac Ruby Woo, Milani Matte Naked and Face Powder - Mac Natural Skin Finish Dark. I've been really impressed/shocked that I've hit a decent amount of pan on the Jordanna Blush but then again it does remind me a lot of Sleek's Sahara and I love that blush and I also adore Jordanna's Terracotta. I was surprised that I've used so much of these 3 lipsticks especially since while doing this pan I've been using different lip products everyday and then coming back to my PP (project Pan) "staples". Mac Skin Finish - what can I say? I'm chuffed that I can actually see the bottom!!
What are some things that you've learnt/are learning from doing a project pan? 
Doing a project pan will ...
  • Allow you to explore your collection and get your moneys worth for your products
  • Show your preferences and your style more - so you'll understand what colours/styles/textures/looks you are drawn to 
  • Get your creative juices flowing - there's nothing like going without (restricting oneself) to allow one to utilise ones options
  • Give you an amazing feeling when you hit pan and finish products 
  • Show you how long it takes to actually finish a product - it will show you that a little can go a very long way 
  • Be fun!
So there you have it - I'm an advocate for project panning. I think every makeup hoarder lover should commit to at least using one product up in their collection from their favourite product line (face, lips, eyes etc.) as its not only practical, money saving but enjoyable. Personally I've been rocking different lipsticks/products non stop and I've been loving it! As well as mixing my PP staples with other colours in my collection to make up new shades which means I'm utilising even more products in my collection (cleva!).

Now let's see those product in use ...
Panning allowed me to discover the art of mixing colours together. To create a darker blue based matte red I mixed a light application of Nizz Beijing Blue with Mac Ruby Woo lipstick. I've been eager to buy a deep matte red like this well now I don't have to! Plus panning has made me eager to try out things that I normally don't do like filling in  my eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil (last picture) and using more nail polish (yah!). For this look I did one side of my face using Becca Foundation in Sienna, Kiko Natural Concealer in 07, Mac Natural Skin Finish in Dark, Jordana Terracotta Blush, Nizz Beijing Blue lipstick, Mac Ruby Woo lipstick, H&M Eye-shadow in Ginger Snap, Lancome Hypnose Mascara in Noir Midnight and Sleek Eyebrow Pencil in 191 Brown.
OK that's it for now. Like I said before I've got so many projects/posts on the back burner & life's been busy. I have not forgotten about a tutorial - I'm working on ideas. 

So are you planning to pan/finish any products in 2016?
Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!
Stay Blessed 
:o)
x

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar