Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fall Lipstick Faves #2: The Browns


This is part 2 of my Fall Lipstick Faves.

It's easy to reach for the red and pink lipstick. It's safe, classic, and feminine. But did you know that you can make brown lipsticks feminine and work well in your favor too? They go so well with olive green jackets, mustard yellow cardigans, navy blue tops, with some scarves (just naming some outfits I have...), complemented with a simple cat eye and thick lashes!

I mean, I always thought brown lipstick was pretty out of my comfort zone. Even some nudes just don't work for me. But I do find myself leaning towards those with red or pink tones because it's more wearable. I do find myself experimenting more, and I am loving it. Of course, 90's trends are coming back, with browns being no exception...

Do not be fooled on my arm swatches, yes, some of them look light pink or reddish and these were taken under natural light, but they look completely different on my lips compared to my light arm!


I was mostly surprised by the ColourPop Ultra Matte liquid lipstick (Tulle). This is supposedly a dupe for Kat Von D's Lolita, but I would say it's darker! I was shocked with how brown it was—you can read my review about all the ColourPop Ultra Mattes I bought here. Bumble is what I thought Tulle would be. This is my brownest shade but it is beautiful and people of all skin tones can pull this off.

NYX Butter Lip Gloss (Devil's Food Cake) is supposed to be a deep plum shade but actually looks toasty brown on me. Huh. Interesting. I like how this is much more pigmented than the other NYX Butter Glosses.

Let's cut to the chase with the MAC lipsticks (Persistence, Del Rio, Retro). Persistence, I swear, is one of the only few MAC nudes I can pull off because it doesn't wash me out. It's described as a peachy cinnamon. You can read my review here. Del Rio is medium–dark brown, one that is also one that's out of my comfort zone. Though I've had Del Rio for almost a year, I find that I can wear it well with jewel-toned clothes, like an emerald green top I recently bought at Forever 21. And Retro is my all-time, favorite MAC shade. I've used it so much that I'm hoping to empty it out by the end of the year. It's brown with a warm red tone, and oh my goodness my NC 40 skin can't get enough! Wet N Wild (Spiked With Rum) is a dupe for it, although a little bit pinker. 

Last but not least is Too Faced La Creme (Pink Chocolate). I bought the shade "Spice Spice Baby" and I really did not like how sheer it looked on me, it almost matched my lips. Pink Chocolate however, is the perfect MLBB (My lips but better) shade, with a darker oomph. It is a gorgeous everyday wear shade. Best of all, it's so balmy, comfortable and moisturizing.

Be sure to check out my 1st series of Fall Lipstick Faves: The Reds! Final coming up: The Plums.

What is your favorite brown lipstick?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar